It has recently come to my attention, that my Blog is rather depressing and pessimistic. Hmmm I hadn't really noticed that.
My holiday spirita have, however, perked up.
Last evening I spent an enjoyable time watching The Christmas Carol (Alistair Sims) and The Gathering (Ed Asner), with my oldest and youngest daughters.
We laughed alot....chatted alot.....ate Chinese food alot.....and enjoyed each others company very much. We even tried to figure out where our family got their sarcastic attitude from....my daughter having asked the Holy Chow man if he was going to mail the food, when he asked for her postal code. Oh well.
I confirmed my feeling that this season is indeed a time for connecting with the people you love, and not worrying about anything else.
To top it off, and get me into more of a Holiday mood, I received a Christmas card and lovely note in the mail from my daughter Jenn in Bolivia. My spirits can not be brighter!!
I look forward to being in church on Christmas Eve and connecting if only in spirit with those whom I love, even though they are elsewhere. I know that they are aware of how very much they are loved, not only at this time of year, but always and no matter where they are. All in all....I am very fortunate and am thankful every day for my blessings. Merry Christmas....to each and every one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment